If you are interested in applying for a CUAVA scholarship, then following are instructions on the process:
1. IDENTIFY A PROJECT
Identify a Centre project that you wish to align with from the Project List.
Get in touch with the Project CI / PI to discuss the possibility of working on this project. Contact details for all project supervisors are found on the project list or the CUAVA website. If in doubt, please email email@example.com to have your query directed to the right person.
2. DEVELOP A RESEARCH PROPOSAL
Once you have made contact with the Project CI / PI, develop your research proposal in discussion with them.
Your research proposal should address the following:
- Aptitude, interest, and/or experience in the project area,
- Why this project is of interest to you,
- What the detailed project is and how you will perform it,
- What you hope to achieve in pursuing this project
This should be no longer than 1-page, and should include the applicant’s name, project number, and name of the participating CIs and PIs.
Candidates must make contact with a Project CI / PI to discuss and develop a research proposal prior to submitting an application.
3. APPLY FOR UNIVERSITY ADMISSION AND SCHOLARSHIPS AT THE SAME TIME
Once the Project CI / PI has agreed with your research proposal, Candidates must apply for 3 things simultaneously:
- Admission for a PhD at Sydney University, https://sydney.edu.au/study/how-to-apply.html
- a CUAVA Scholarship, and https://sydney.edu.au/scholarships/d/scholarship-arc-training-centre-cuava.html
- a RTP Scholarship. https://sydney.edu.au/scholarships/domestic/postgraduate-research/australian-government-research-training-program.html
(Please note that for UNSW or Macquarie University applicants a different set of links apply.)
You will not be able to apply for the CUAVA scholarship without having also submitted an application for admission to a PhD at Sydney University.
Please read the requirements and conditions for application to each of these carefully, and ensure that you submit an application with all required documents.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
There is no deadline – applications will close once suitable recipients have been identified.