CUAVA currently has an opening for a Satellite Systems Engineer to work on the Waratah Seed project.
- Opportunity to design, build, integrate, test, deliver 6U satellite for NSW Government Space Qualification Mission.
- Full time, 12 month fixed term position with the possibility of extension.
- Camperdown location.
- Academic Level A. Base Salary range: $78,143 a. – $105,305 p.a. plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a Satellite Systems Engineer to design, build, integrate, test, deliver a satellite for the NSW Government Space Qualification Mission code-named Waratah Seed. You will manage the integration of payloads for the Waratah Seed CubeSat into the CubeSat bus, including testing before and after integration to make sure the payloads are suitable and working appropriately. You will take responsibility for development of the Waratah Seed satellite project under the Director’s overall supervision and that of the CUAVA Centre Engineer, collaborating with, supervising, and leading other team members as required, including chairing one or more committees.
We are looking for a Satellite Systems Engineer who meets the following
- A postgraduate degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechatronic Engineering (or equivalent) with an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Science (or equivalent);
- At least 1 year designing, building, integrating, and testing CubeSats or other small satellites,
- At least 1 year designing, building, testing, and integrating instruments or platform (spacecraft or similar platform) system hardware,
- Working knowledge of electronics for spacecraft (or similar platform) hardware
- Writing, developing, implementing, and troubleshooting software;
- Working in a research-intensive environment as a member of a team;
- Experience in a multi-person engineering team for a space project;
- Writing excellent reports and proposals;
- Delivering excellent oral presentations at professional conferences and events;
- Management of the financial, scheduling, and time management aspects of a spacecraft (or similar platform) engineering.
Level of appointment will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Waratah Seed project is Australia’s 1st Ride-Share with the 1st Australian-built industry & commercially – focused 6U satellite. Funded by the NSW government, Waratah Seed is a pilot space qualification project to launch NSW-developed space technology into orbit to test and prove functionality. The project is focused on developing the NSW space sector in particular, and the Australian space industry as a whole.
How to apply
Before applying, please familiarise yourself with the requirements of the role found in the position summary and advertisement document that is attached here.
To be considered please send:
- Up to date CV
- Details of 3 relevant referees
- A cover letter / statement addressing the essential criteria
Applications should be sent to Reign MacMillan, CUAVA Operations and Research Administration Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications due by July 31st, 2021.